The Trusted Asphalt Shingle Roofers in MARYLAND & DC AREA
Excellent Craftsmanship Since 1984
5-Star CertainTeed Installer
Customer Satisfaction is Our Goal
Military and First Responder Discounts
The Top-Rated Asphalt Shingle Roofing Experts in Maryland
Asphalt shingle roofing is the most popular and affordable option available in Columbia. This makes it a great choice for a strong, reliable roof. There are so many style and color options within the asphalt roofing category. Our expert team will walk you through the best choices for your home and answer your questions every step of the way.
Certified Inc. Roofing is the Columbia roofing company who is committed to using only the best materials for your roof. When you partner up with us, you can feel confident that our exceptional team will provide you with exceptional work. You’re going to love your new roof!
Call us today at (301) 854-2764 to schedule a free consultation. Learn more about our asphalt roof services and options.
Brands We Work With
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
There are three types of asphalt shingles to consider: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural, and premium asphalt shingles.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
Three-tab shingles are the most common type of asphalt shingles. Their unique cutout makes one shingle look like three separate pieces. This popular roofing style is affordable, lightweight, and energy efficient. They are also easy to maintain and can last up to 20 years.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
If you’re looking to upgrade the look of your home, architectural shingles are the choice for you. They have a wider selection of color choices than three-tab shingles, are laminated, and add more dimension to the look of your roof. You can also choose reflective versions to help offset high summer cooling costs. In addition to upgrading the aesthetic of your home, these shingles have a higher life-span than other asphalt shingles. With proper maintenance, they can last up to 50 years.
Luxury Asphalt Shingles
As the name suggests, these are premium shingles for your roof. These types of shingles are designed to look like other types of high-end roofing materials like cedar or slate roofing. Not only can you now get the roof of your dreams, but you can also do so at a fraction of the cost.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Every type of roofing has pros and cons. We’re here to help you know exactly what to expect.
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability: With proper installation and maintenance, you can get a quality roof that doesn’t break the bank. This is why asphalt shingles are the most popular roofing choice for homeowners.
- Color Variety: These shingles come in a variety of colors, from neutral to bold and from light to dark. And with luxury shingles, you can even choose styles that look like completely different roofing material!
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roof repair is simple and cost effective. New shingles can sometimes be installed on top of existing shingles. With proper maintenance, asphalt shingle roofing has a lifespan of up to 20 years.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles can’t be recycled or reused again. With the shortest lifespan out of all the roofing materials, they contribute to a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Extreme weather conditions can cause cracks, loosening, and warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Asphalt Shingle Roof FAQs
What’s the cost of a new asphalt shingle roof in Maryland?
We will beat any competitors offer as long as they are licensed, insured and performing the same work and materials.
How long do asphalt shingles last?
What are the most popular types of shingle roofs in Maryland?
How do I know if my asphalt shingles need to be repaired or replaced?
Want to learn more? Get a free estimate scheduled with our expert roofers in Columbia. We’d love to help you transform your house into a home!
Hire a Team of Roofing Professionals You Can Trust
Schedule Your Free Roof Inspection Today!